May 4 & 5, 2018
In and around the Art & Crafts Building (Upper Floor)
Deerfield, NH Fairgrounds
34 Stage Road
Deerfield, New Hampshire
The New England Tech Trek (NETT) is a NEW event going on at the Deerfield Fairgrounds simultaneously with NEAR-Fest’s Spring Amateur Radio Festival. Sponsored by NEAR-Fest and the Deerfield Fair Association this is an event designed to showcase and demonstrate a variety of different STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) technologies and subjects which are new and emerging or have become a part of everyday lives. This event focuses heavily on school age youth, but there are subjects to interest every age group.
The scope of this new event is evolving daily, however we expect that the following events and demonstrations will be present:
- Basic Robotics (circuit building to robot modules)
- Advanced Robotics (FIRST Robotics Team from Manchester Central High School demonstrating their robots
- Drone technology, safety and regulation
- Kit Building from Arduinos and Raspberry Pi to RF
- 3-D Printers and CAD
- National Weather Service Local Forecasters from Gray, Maine – High altitude measurements and SKYWARN
- High Altitude Balloon Projects by the Nashua ARS
- Portable Satellite Communications by Nashua ARS
- High Frequency Remote Communications
- CubeSat launch (from Wallops Is.) exhibit by Clay Center student
And many additional exhibits including amateur licensing, code learning, SOTA. FOX Hunting, Field Day and Mobile Communications.
NEAR-Fest is excited to help bring this event to the Fairgrounds and we hope to bring it back at future NEAR-Fests in October and April/May.
Check back on this page for more updates as we get closer to the May 4, 2018 opening.
If you have any questions or would like a table to provide demonstrations or learning resources please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted by one of the events organizers.
**Access to the New England Tech Trek is FREE for everyone.
This is not a commercial/sales-oriented event; it is an educational environment only. If you would like to discuss Commercial selling space within the NEAR-Fest please visit the Exhibitors and Vendors page on the NEAR-Fest web site.